• Home
  • Insights
  • High value property: The same, but different…

High value property: The same, but different…

1 min read
Photo of Tom Cawcutt
Tom Cawcutt

Property Solicitor

FAQs on buying a house

High value property: The same, but different…

Surely buying one property is just like buying any other property? Aren’t high value, prime, super-prime transactions the same as any other transaction, just with more money involved?

The answer is, inevitably, yes and no. The underlying principles of conveyancing don’t change when the value increases but the process in high value transactions can be very different. Prime and super-prime markets tend to bring a set of challenges that the wider market doesn’t; Private or off market sales, time pressure, tax and structuring issues, buyers and sellers who are often based overseas, complex financing structures and what sometimes seems like an army of third-party advisers and consultants advising the parties can all serve to make getting the deal seem like an uphill battle. Having the right intermediaries with the right contacts is essential in making the process as smooth as it can be. A calm and considered lawyer giving the right advice also helps of course.

With years of experience in the London and wider South East prime and super-prime property market acting in sales and purchases for clients and lenders from all over the world, Tom Cawcutt brings his City experience to the south Essex market and can help you overcome the challenges that high value transactions can present and help make them more the same and much less different.

Similar articles

Fully regulated to give you assurance with every step

When to report a solicitor to the SRA

If you have complained to your solicitor about breaching the SRA Code of Conduct and are not satisfied with their response, you can report them to the SRA. Examples of a breach include:

  • Dishonesty
  • Fraud
  • Discrimination

When to contact the Legal Ombudsman

If you have complained to your solicitor about poor service and you are not satisfied with their response, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman who deal with poor service, such as:

  • Delayed or unclear communication
  • Problems with your bill
  • Loss of documents