Court of Protection

Unsurpassed knowledge, advice & representation in Court of Protection matters



Whatever matter you need support with, our team are ready to support you and your loved ones. View our complete range of Court of Protection services below.

Challenging Court of Protection Decisions

Do you disagree about a Court of Protection application that another person is making on behalf of someone you care about? Our dedicated team can help you prepare and submit effective objections to achieve the best possible outcome.

Deputyship Applications

Acting as Deputy is a huge responsibility, and very different to simply supporting a vulnerable person. Whether you want to apply for Deputyship, or you want expert advice on what to expect, we can help you work out what would work in the best interests of your loved ones.

Health & Welfare

Whether your child has left Children’s Services and you need to decide their further education, or you need to make medical decisions on behalf of an elderly relative, we can help you through every aspect of the technical, highly emotive areas of Health & Welfare Deputyships.

Property & Financial Affairs

From managing your loved one’s investments to making sure their bills are paid on time, we can guide you through every aspect of applying for and handling a Property & Financial Affairs Deputyship, giving you complete comfort over their long-term financial wellbeing.

Reporting an Attorney or Deputy

Need to report an Attorney or Deputy for abusing their position? Or are you looking to defend your position against an unwarranted claim? We can support you through every step of Attorney and Deputy reports to help you achieve the right result.

Statutory Wills

If you wish to make a will on behalf of a friend or relative who lacks the necessary mental capacity, our dedicated team can provide expert advice, approaching the Court of Protection with an application on your behalf.


Our highly skilled, compassionate solicitors are here tp help provide expert advice on all dealings with the Court of Protection.

Photo of Melinda Giles, Managing Partner at Giles Wilson
Managing Partner
Photo of Kirsty Buxton, Associate at Giles Wilson
Featured Insights
Where can i get help with my inheritance tax
Private Client

I think it is important to have that conversation; after all, if you love each other and want to set up home together and spend your life together, isn’t it important to know how each other would be looked after if disaster struck? Would you buy a property that you love without having a survey? Or insuring it? Best to know where you stand?

Photo of Melinda Giles
Melinda Giles - 4 min read

Awards & Recognitions

The expertise of our solicitors is regularly recognised by some of the profession’s most distinguished organisations. As well as being a member of a number of Law Society schemes, we have won awards at the Law Society Excellence Awards, the Halsbury Legal Awards and the Modern Law Awards.

We have also received recognition in the form of the Lexcel mark of quality, a Legal 500 listing and a place on the shortlist of The Lawyer’s Boutique Firm of the Year.

Modern law awards
Lawyer awards

Our accolades

We are here to help

If you have a legal issue you are worrying about, it’s important to remember you are not alone.

Whether you're a new or existing client, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Fill out the form, phone or send us an email and let’s start the conversation today.

  • Leading law firm with more than 30 years’ experience
  • Trusted authority in client and commercial matters
  • Proven track record of providing award-winning service